Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Spaghetti


Spaghetti is what I think about the Interstate Highway system. Without my GPS, I would be in trouble. It has been 20 years since I lived in the lower 48 states, and there are a lot more traffic and a lot more roads. I'm suprised at how bad the roads have become. They are so bumpy, especially the concrete insterstates. Some have huge holes in them. I'm glad to see the stimulus money being spent to repair them. And, I have seen lots of construction.

I'm thankful that the weather has been so good. And, I have been able to time my travels to miss big cities during rush hour. I hope the weather holds out until I get back to Bilings.

Traveling in the motorhome has gone well. It's nice to carry my bed along with me. And being able to cook is great. I have had 2 close calls. I stopped at a rest area, and I heard a hissing noise from the back tire when I got out. I called the Good Sam Emergency Road Service, and it was going to cost me $500 to buy a new tire. Along came a truck driver and he aired up the tire, and told me that he thought I could make it the 20 miles into Memphis, because it was a dual tire, on the rear. So, with a prayer, I slowly went into Memphis, where they fixed the tire for $37.05. I'm so glad that I stopped at that rest area when I did, I'm glad I heard that hissing, and I'm glad that the truck driver came along. It could have turned out much worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment