Thursday, December 3, 2009

Visiting Jensen's family in Chicago




I had the pleasure of visiting Jensen Seyenkulo, one of the Kuwaa Mission Board Members, in Chicago on the weekend of November 21-22. Jensen is Liberian, and he lived in a Kuwaa village as a child. He moved to the US when the civil wars started. He is a Lutheran pastor, now working at the ELCA office in Chicago. Jensen is married to a Lutheran pastor, Linda Johnson Seyenkulo, and they have 3 kids. I had the opportunity to go to Linda's church with the family, and Linda introduced me to the congregation.


We had a nice visit. They fed me Liberian food and Chicago-style pizza. They're both delicious and altogether different! Jensen recorded some Kuwaa language onto my laptop, so that I can learn a few phrases.


Thanks to Jensen, Linda, and their 3 kids for sharing their time and home with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment